Three dresses

 

Textures and weaves

Shapes and stiches,

Colours and some magic,

They gave it all to me one day.

I was to make myself

a dress I liked.

 

I made three.

 

For the first one, I chose the silver moonlight,

Filtered through the perfect leaves

of the jasmine tree,

casting intricate patterns in

sheer and lace

of my whole tender flesh.

For the accessories, I wore

some cool breeze in my hair.

 

For the second, I chose the rain.

There was a little chaos on the windowpane

Some tiny droplets wandering about the misty planes.

I picked that chaos and draped it

Calf length.

A minimum accessory look.

A touch of mist on the lips is all it took.

 

For the third, I turned to you.

A magical pick.

This looks like a pattern of how you behold,

Of how your eyes move about my body,

But when I wear it,

I find myself adorning the stars-

Glitter and blush

on the velvet of my skin.

I’d like to finish the look with a rose

Tucked in a lose hair bun.

But then the perfume in the air

Is enough to get it done.

 

So, which one is your favourite dress?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kargil war memorial : an experience

RESOLUTION