COLOURS

The lovely velvet black of the pleasant soft night,
The now black waves and the wind so dark
The mighty blue of the mighty sea
That reflects in your eyes which reflect in me.

And when you gently blow at the messy fringe
I know I am pink deep within.
And that pristine silver of the moonlight
Which had never seemed so bright
And the pure gold of that late afternoon
Which could just tear me apart.

The green of the deep river and the white of the flock
Blue of my drink and the pastel of your shirt
The orange of the rising moon and the gleaming silver shore..
That stare which means so much more.
A simple hug and so much care
The love of your touch that brings stars on my flesh.

Oh I can never say what gleams more, me or the shore,
Or which has more gold, the afternoon or the hands we hold,
I can’t tell which shade of pink is high
The shared marshmallow or The winter evening sky,
or which red is fierce
the one of the roses you sent, or the red on me when I smelled them.
I can’t say which green is peace,
The river or that t shirt and the kiss…
I am drowning in them; the colours are all over me,
This is madness, this is bliss.





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kargil war memorial : an experience

RESOLUTION

Of Charms and Chinars