Breathtaking Moments

I was watching this movie yesterday on TV "hitch". And one line Will Smith said left me thinking over it... over and over again! he said, "life is not the number of breaths you take, its the number of moments that take your breaths away!"


So true, isn't it? How many 'breathtaking' moments can I recollect at this moment? We (yes, myself included) have involved ourselves into so many stereotyped activities which we call work, and leisure, and Internet surfing, and social networking etcetra..... that we don't really have time to do something that can give us a 'breathtaking moment' (happy realisation!!!). Umm... so let me see,


I will never forget the time we went to Roha on a bike. my friend had some work. it was the month of October. rain had poured enough to dress the earth green. words are just so incapable to describe that ride.... 'breathtaking experience' , really!!! there were multiple shades of green to treat your eyes, dancing waterfalls- splashing white coming down from emoromus rocks... the might of sahyadri and man, such a beauty! believe it or not, no one spoke as much as a word in one hour , until of course, it became impossible to store that beauty in our tiny eyes.


Another time  me, my cousins and some friends went to 'chapora'. it is this beach and fort place neat vagator. clearly, a beach is not 'such an exciting' place to go for people who stay in panaji.. but as much as nature's beauty, the people along with me made that day breathtakingly beautiful for me.calm breeze, stupid jokes, splashing water, unexpected rain and sheer fun of being togheter on a nice place made that day!


Now that I have started writing, so many events have started popping in my mind. I will not put up all of them. What i want to say is, "I miss some breathtaking moments in my life." Why is everyone so happy with their virtual friendship list? Why have people forgotten going on bike rides? Why cant TL and FLOOR and CALL and SWIPING IN and SWIPING OUT and-all-that-vocabulary be replaced with some sensible words for some time? Why has a "I dropped in to say hi" been replaced with a "I called up to say hi"?






And what do we do when we are so frustrated with all such things happening around? Write a blog? Is that the only option I am left out with? Where are those days when I would meet a friend and talk it out?  Well... my point exactly!


Anyway! you know, I am one of those harry potter freaks who believe that its more than a fantasy! So i try a few things J.K.Rowlling tells. Patronus charm, for example! For those who don't know , a patronus charm is a spell that keeps the 'dementors' away. And dementors represent sadness, misery and pain. "In order for it (patronus charm) to work, you need to think of a memory. Not just any memory, a very happy memory, a very powerful memory… Allow it to fill you up... lose yourself in it..." 
And this is where my breathtaking moments help me. Believe me, they will help you too! So don't keep yourselves content and satisfied with online friends, so called leisure and mobile phone and sms. They don't give you your breathtaking moments, nature does, a good friend does, a good book does, a little conversation does! Go, grab it...

Comments

  1. yes u harry potter freak u r right!!!
    Patronus Charm , i like it.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading this blog I would say, reading this blog was one of the breathtaking moments of my life.....!! Well, my list of breathtaking moments goes on unwinding in my mind & believe me your words have given me a satisfied feeling of having done some justice with my soul since birth.
    Thanks & keep writing..!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kargil war memorial : an experience

RESOLUTION

Of Charms and Chinars